What to do if you are in a Car Accident
According to the American Bar Association, the majority of personal injury actions result from automobile accidents. Do you know what to do in the event of a motor vehicle accident? Here are a few helpful suggestions.
Record the details of the event
- Document how the accident happened and how you were injured, try to determine who was at fault, and gather contact information from anyone who might have witnessed the incident.
- Use your smartphone to take pictures and video of the scene and vehicle to show the damage to your vehicle and the layout of the accident location.
- If your injury prevents you from gathering this information enlist the help of a family member or friend to gather this information. It is important to address this issue as soon as possible before conditions change.
Seek medical attention as soon as possible
- If you were injured, you should seek immediate medical attention.
- A delay in treatment often complicates proving the causal connection between the accident and the claimed injury.
- It is easier to prove an injury when the complaints are documented in a medical record close in time to the actual event.
Contact an attorney
Suffering a serious personal injury can disrupt your life from an emotional, physical and financial perspective. You should take whatever steps are needed to protect your rights to bring a claim.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact the experienced personal injury attorneys at Mitchell Hoffman & Wolf LLC. For more information call us at 312 726 6722 or visit us on the web at MHW.LAW.